First thing is to put my thoughts into some sort of order. For the past few months I’ve been using google reader to squirrel away articles that I though might be helpful. Looking through them there are several different things I want to change and so I can sort them into approximate piles:
- Workspace – building an environment that lets me be productive whether at work, home or somewhere on the move.
- Tools– possibly interesting or useful additions to my workspce or references that might be handy in particular circumstances.
- Attitude – Things I can work on to improve my communication with others, ways to focus on why I’m doing things a particular way.
- Process – sytems, checklists and tools – ways to focus on the what and where of doing things a particular way
- Fitness – improving my resiliance, so I can tackle things better
- Money – improving the financial security of me and my family
- Coding – improving the specific knowledge and experience I need to do my job
- Books – articles, books and podcasts to be viewed or read later
Next step is to start actioning each pile.